Thursday, November 11, 2010

Fabulous French Toast

mmmmmm I LOVE french toast! I woke up and it was windy and cold outside, so I thought what better way to warm up then with a heart warming, delicious dish of french toast! I usually stick to one thing for breakfast, for weeks on end (I'm boring like that!), lately it's been oatmeal (made a thousand different ways), but today I thought I'd be spontaneous and make something yummy, of course healthified! 



Ingredients:


- 2 slices whole wheat bread (under 100 calories)


- 1 egg + 1 egg White


-1/4 Almond Milk


- Cinnamon + Nutmeg


-1 tbsp Natural Peanut Butter


-Drizzle of Sugar Free Syrup


-Cooking Spray


- 4 Strawberries




What to do?!?!


Mix one egg, egg white, and milk  in shallow bowl. Add in cinnamon and nutmeg (enough for your liking, I LOVE cinnamon so I always put a lot!). Spray skillet, and place on medium heat. Dip bread into mixture and add to pre-sprayed skillet on stove. Cook bread on each side for about 2-3 minutes, depending how hot your stove gets and how brown you like your bread :)


When toast is cooked. Place on plate and quickly  top with 1 tbsp Peanut Butter, drizzle of sugar free syrup and strawberries (you top quickly so everything will melt evenly on your toast).


You just turned a delicious breakfast into a healthy breakfast! Enjoy :)










Today is going to be a fabulous day! I don't have school today! So I have the whole  day off! Lot's of fun stuff planned. I'm hanging out with Miss. Kristen today, and we're going to hot yoga at noon, and then pedicures after. 

Off to cycle I go!!! 

Question: Is there a favorite breakfast food you like to make healthy? 

1 comment:

  1. That looks so yummy! I'm going to have to try that one day! :)

    Debs

    ReplyDelete