Monday, November 8, 2010

First food post!

I really enjoy eating healthy but it's hard to cook things sometimes because fiance is not much of a healthy eater, most of the time I end up cooking 2 different meals for us. Does anyone else do that?!? Fiance wanted pasta tonight, and I'm not much of a pasta eater, but I also wasn't in the mood to cook two meals, so I figured I could make a healthy dish we both would love!


We decided on spaghetti with squash, zucchini and chicken!! Yum Yum! It was simple, fast and we both would be happy with the outcome!


Ingredients: 


1 box of whole wheat spaghetti noodles


1 medium yellow squash (diced)


1 medium onion (diced)


Olive Oil (we don't usually measure, but you can use 1/3 cup)


1 clove of garlic chopped  (Fiance loves garlic so we always use more!)


1 zucchini (diced)


1/2 cup of basil (chopped)


Parmesan cheese


black pepper and salt to taste




Bring half a pot of water to a boil and add noodles. Stir occassionaly. While noodles are cooking, saute onion in olive oil in skillet over medium heat for about 6 minutes or until onions brown. Then add garlic and continue to stir for about 2 minutes. Add yellow squash and zucchini and cook until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper.  Drain noodles and set aside. Add noodles to mixture and toss, top with chicken, parmasean cheese and basil. Enjoy :)




Healthy and Delicious Pasta!


Don't judge me on my food post. I'm just starting out, I hope I get better at it :)  What do you guys think?


Now, time for bed with this little guy!






xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment