Tuesday, November 9, 2010

New Shoes and A Yummy Shake

I woke up this morning and it was super duper cold. Again, all I wanted to do was stay in my warm bed. As much as I hate running in the heat and prefer to run in cool, crisp fall weather, cold weather just makes me lazy and want to stay in bed. I also didn't sleep very well last night, I didn't fall asleep till 2 am. That is so unlike me, I'm such an old lady I'm usually in bed by 9 or 10. I think I'm just stressed with school, graduation, planning a wedding, and everything else.  Even with the small amount of sleep, I was super excited to get out on my run and try my new running shoes.


Meet my Asics GT-2150! Aren't they pretty :)

When I started running in 2008 I wore Asics, and then before my first-half marathon, I switched over to Brooks, and for the last few years that is all I've worn. I'm super duper picky with my running shoes. I finally decided to trade in my Brooks and go back to my Asics! You always go back to your first love!


The plan for the morning was a 6 mile run at a 8:53 pace. I kept with the pace and the entire time, I felt great, it felt as if I were running on clouds, so much cushion. Love new running shoes! My feet we're hurting a little, but I knew it was because I have to break in the shoes, they should be broken in soon. On my last 2 miles, I picked up Bruin and finished off my run!


He's such a great running partner


Post Run:  6 miles @ 8:55 pace


After my run. I decided to do the core synergistic video from p90x. I got these videos about 2 years ago (the summer of 2008) I was a dedicated p90xer that summer and loved the program. But with school and everything else, I stopped the program after that summer. So, now I just do the videos when I need a change of pace!



I worked up a sweat and an appetite. I had been craving a shake for some time and decided that I would make one for breakfast! I decided to go with an oatmeal protein shake! Yummy! 

Ingredients:







1/4 cup of oats

1/2 banana

1/2 cup of yogurt (I usually use greek yogurt, but I haven't gone grocery shopping and only have dannon yogurt on hand)

1 scoop of protein power

8 oz of water

1/2 cup of almond milk

Ice 

Blend all ingredients till you reach desired consistency! 




And Enjoy! I think next time I will add a little more oatmeal and less protein powder! This made for a tasty post-workout shake. I also paired it with eggs and an whole wheat English muffin! My tummy was happy! 

Now, off to shower and get ready for the day, then off to class! I hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday! 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment