Monday, November 15, 2010

Motivational Monday!

Happy Monday!!!!!


Sorry this post is up so late in the day =/ I planned to have it up in the morning, then got super busy with other things and just got to posting for today! I'll try not to let that happen again :)


I can't believe it's already the start of a new week and Thanksgiving is next week!!! This year is going by soooo fast! I have 26 days till graduation and less than a year till a wedding! Crazy!! Time needs to slow down a bit!


Today I started the day off with a yummy bowl of cinnamon apple oats and delicious chocolate/cinnamon coffee


What Apple Cinnamon Oats are made of: 


- 1/2 cup oats


- 1/2 apple (nuked)


- As much as you'd like: Cinnamon and Nutmeg


-1 tsp Brown Sugar


- 1/2 cup Almond Milk and 1/2 cup water


-1 tsp Vanilla Extract


-Handful: Trader Joes Pumpkin Granola


-Handful: Almonds


-I spoonful Trader Joes Natural Peanut Butter


Directions: 
Cook oats as directed, and mix in vanilla extract, almond milk, brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon. While oats and mixture are cooking, chop apple into pieces, place in microwave safe bowl and sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon on top. Nuke apples in microwave for 30 seconds until warm. Pour oats into a bowl and top with; warmed cinnamon apple, trader joes pumpkin granola and almonds! Enjoy! :)


I apologize for the crappy picture, I took it with my iphone! Not that my camera is any better! I need a new camera :)


Then I headed out for a 5 mile run and a sweaty morning yoga session! 


Lucky for me Kris has Monday's off, so when I got home he had lunch ready for me :) After we ate, we took Bruin for a walk, since I didn't pick him up on my run this morning.


After our walk, I got home finished cleaning my room and took a shower and got comfy! I spent most of the day finishing up any homework and catching up on some google reading ;)  I also attempted to study for a test tomorrow but sadly had no motivation! This is completely unlike me, I'm the type of person to study weeks before, make a million notes, and read EVERYTHING but this time was different, I blame it on senioritis!! I need my motivation back!


Which brings me to today. Motivational Monday!! I am going to attempt to make every Monday a "Motivational Monday!" Hopefully I get some feedback ;)


Today's Tip: "Goal and To-Do List" 


Instead of getting overwhelmed or upset because it's Monday, look at the day as a new start to a new week! A new beginning! A day to set goals for the remainder of the week! Think of all the many things you can accomplish before the weekend even starts :) 


Monday is always exciting for me! Because I can make new goals and a to-do list! I get to start the week off fresh!!


Having a goals list or to-do list always gives me motivation to take on the week. I always feel better prepared to tackle the week!  I also always feel great when I can cross things off my list!


My Goal for this week: To find one thing i am thankful for each day!


Today I am thankful for: My supporting family! With out them, I wouldn't be the person I am today. They have been there for me through EVERYTHING!!! They believe me when others don't, they are there to make me laugh and dry my tears! They literally are the most amazing family ever!!! You should meet them ;)


Question: What motivates you?!?!? 





1 comment:

  1. Mondays are a great day to focus on the new week and the opportunity to improve over what happened the prior week! Be thankful you have the physical ability to run and workout like you do! Things happen, and when you put on a few years, sometimes injuries get in the way!!

    ReplyDelete