Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Speedy Run and Oats

Happy Hump Day!!!!!


Started this morning off with banana and toast and a speedy lovely 7 mile run! Today's training was a speed day! I'm not much of a speedy runner. I can run fast, but as far as training goes, I like to keep a nice pace and just enjoy my run! I started my run off with a 1 mile warm-up at a 10 min pace and then picked up my pace for the remainder 6 miles, I was anywhere between 7:30 and 7:45. I could have kept a sub 7:30 but there are so many stickin' hills in my neighborhood, that it slows me down. I hate hills! But I finished 6 miles in 47 minutes! I was so Happy to be done!


Breakfast
I decided on a oatmeal bowl smoothie. It was still cold outside and I wanted something heartwarming and delicious. 


Yesterday I made a oatmeal protein smoothie, and decided to change it up a bit for today's breakfast.


Ingredients: 


  • 1/2 cup of yogurt (I used blueberry greek yogurt)
  • 1 tsp honey
  • Pinch of Cinnamon
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup of Ice
  • 1/4 almond milk
  • 1/4 banana
  • 1/2 cup oatmeal
Cook oatmeal according to package directions. While that is cooking, blend together first 6 ingredients. Pour oatmeal into a bowl, top with mixture and sliced banana. Great Post-Workout Meal!




It may not look good but it taste delicious! 






I have today off from school, so I woke up early to get my run done, and ended up getting completely side tracked, the bed needed to be made, laundry needed to be started, living room needed to be picked up, I had to put fiance's dishes away from breakfast,  puppy needed feeding, and my desk needed some organizing. Does this happen to anyone else?!? Yes, I could have easily set out on my run and come back to all of this but I hate coming home after a run, to a messy house. I always say a messy house is a messy life! So I sacrificed and went out later on my run and came home to a clean house, which made me happy! I did start to get stressed out because starting my run so late put me behind schedule by 2 hours. I still had a lot of things to do today such as homework, studying and errands. My day was slipping from me. I sent fiance a text, explaining to him my freak out and he simply said "breath, and be happy you are able to run." I read his text over and over, and realized there are so many things we take for granted because as a society we are always in a rush. Granted, there are reasons to be rushing and that's just life, but sometimes it's just easier to enjoy the moment and be thankful for another day and for what you can do with that day. I simply stepped back and thanked god for a healthy body  that allows me to run, a house to clean, homework that needs to be done, and for a husband fiance who reminds me to step back and breath. It's life's little things we take for granted!


I'm also thankful for this little guy!!!

What are YOU thankful for?!?

Lot's to do today:
  • Homework
  • Senior Project Stuff
  • Grocery Shopping
  • Finish Laundry
  • Hot Yoga 
I should have a Wednesday Workout Tip tonight! My goal is to have one every Wednesday :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment