Friday, November 19, 2010

Yum!!!

Last night I totally kicked spinning booty! Now, I'm not a big fan on working out at night, I seriously refuse and hate working out at night, I never do it.  I mean, I can workout at night I would just rather workout in the morning. Working out in the morning allows me to clear my head and re-start for a new day! Once the evening comes, I'm tired and just wanna cuddle (and eat!!!). That being said last night was different, Fiance was getting home late so I decided to hit up a spin class! The instructor who was teaching, also teaches on Sunday when I take spin, she is AMAZING! I always leave her class drenched in sweat! I sweat more in her class than when I run!


 Last night's class was different though, I met an amazing lady! She had never been to a spin class and was a little unsure about the whole class, so I made sure to "ride" next to her throughout the class. I kept looking over and giving her a "thumbs-up" and pushing her to keep going and giving her praise throughout the whole class. She did amazing, she stayed the whole 50 min of spin. Once we were done with class, she hugged me and thanked me for pushing her and for being so positive, she told me it was nice to have someone cheering her on! That truly made my night :) 


After my sweaty spin session, it was time to eat!! We decided on Kielbasa!  Now, fiance LOVES Polish Kielbasa, and when I say Love, I mean if it were a woman he would drop me and marry Kielbasa! So, sadly for a few years if I was around for dinner he didn't eat much Kielbasa. I really think he contemplated breaking up with me for this very reason. But, he didn't have to kick me to the curb for a Kielbasa loving girl because we found Turkey Kielbasa! So now we get to enjoy a healthy meal we both agree on and no one has to make two different  meals! 




How to cook the Kielbasa! 


Cut the kielbasa in slices and place on grill (we love ours cooked on the bbq). 



once placed on grill, coat sausage with bbq mixture:

  • bbq sauce
  • honey
  • brown sugar
  • mix all ingredients in a bowl (no measurements, it all goes off of your preference)
let cook for 3-5 minutes and flip
Coat other side evenly with BBQ mixture and cook for 3-5 minutes

Once the sausage is browned on both sides remove from grill and serve, with more BBQ sauce if you'd like!!!  (we had ours with salad and noodles, but Fiance was being inpatient and was starving so I didn't take pictures!!) 



YUM!!!!


*****************************************************************************************************


I woke up this morning, and was ready to tackle the day! First thing on the list was breakfast!!! I decided on a heartwarming bowl of banana whipped oats paired with a yummy cup of coffee! 


Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1/3 cup of almond milk 
  • 1/3 cup water (if you like your oats more watery add a little more water, if you like your oats thicker add less water)
  • 1/2 a banana sliced
  • cinnamon
  • nutmeg
  • brown sugar
  • 1 tsp of vanilla 
  • Any toppings you enjoy!! 
Start by combining rolled oats, water and milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Allow a few minutes for the oatmeal to heat, once the oatmeal begins to steam or bubble add in banana, nutmeg, cinnamon, brown sugar, and vanilla and stir vigorously to "whip" banana into oatmeal. Continue to "whip," until oats reach your desired consistency! Pour into bowl and top with your favorite toppings, such as, almonds, peanut butter, granola, fruit, chocolate chips. Enjoy!!!! 


After breakfast I headed off to TKB. After Kickboxing, I did a quick weight session then headed home for a post-workout shake (milk, banana, chocolate powder and berries) and snack!


My Pre-Hot Yoga Snack (paired with a shake!)






Now, i'm off to Hot Yoga!! It's free friend Friday, so I'm bringing my brother along, this should be fun :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment